Finally in 2011, I decided to stop fighting the gifts that were bestowed upon me and dove deeper into learning how to work with them. As a clairvoyant, clairaudient and empath, I needed to learn how to feel safe and at ease in moving through practices and gaining a better understanding of these impressions and sought out help on my path.
Over the past 4 years, I have completed many trainings in yoga, yoga therapy, energy healing, various meditation practices and attended various workshops from a few mediums. Through these practices I learned how to allow my intuition to be my guide in ways that are very safe, practical, and loving. It is not who-hoo unless you want it to be. It is a part of who you are and I will suggest, a part of you that deserves attention and awareness just as much as any other part.
In another post I will go deeper into my story but for now I will share some of my favorite daily practices with you.
Practices to Develop Your Intuition
Here are some of my favorite daily practices to Develop Your Intuition:
- Open Hand Chakras Daily – begin by rubbing the palms of your hands together to create heat between your hands. Once you feel the heat, stop rubbing and feel the energy between the palms of your hands. Slowly begin to pull your hands apart and notice what you feel.
- Meditation – any kind of meditation! Guided, seated, walking… anything that begins to train the mind to stay in a present state of awareness and calm the busyness of the mind. SO IMPORTANT! If you do any daily practice to develop intuition, this would be the one!
- Breathwork – keep it simple at first. Begin by noticing the breath moving in and out through your nose. Then inhale and guide the breath into the low belly, up into ribs, then chest. Exhale breath from chest down to the belly. Why? Because it helps calm and clear the mind and brings you into a state of presence.
- Body Movement – anything! Moving the body helps open the stagnancy in energy. When your body is open and breath is moving, you are deepening your connection to your inner awareness.
- Morning/Evening Pages/Journaling – stream of consciousness journaling – First thing in the morning while you are still waking up, sit up and start writing. Don’t worry about form or grammar. Just let the thoughts fill the page. Gratitude Journal – I like to do this at night. I begin by writing out 5 things I am grateful for from the day. Then I continue allowing thoughts and emotions to flow. Notice how your handwriting changes depending on what you are writing about.
- Get back to Nature – go outside, Nature is your direct connection to God, Source, Higher Power, whatever that is to you. By being with nature you are connecting to your own inherent nature, which is peaceful, abundant and alive. You are connecting to the oneness of all beings and that strengthens your connection to intuition.
- Presence Practice – Intuition is only received in the present moment. You can not intuit the past or receive an impression in the future. You can only receive information in the NOW. Yes, you can receive information about the past or about the future, but it is all read in the now. The more you stay in a present state of awareness, the more heightened your intuition will be. I will often refer back to this quote by Ram Dass, “Be Here Now”. It always brings me back to presence.
- Ask yourself introspective questions – What do I need right now? Does this serve my highest good? What is happening in my body in this moment? What emotions are moving through me?
- Intuition with Food – tuning into your body and asking if this food is best choice for you? Open your hand chakras first. This will help you learn to tune into your body as you use your intuition. Your body gives you messages constantly. The more aware you become of your body and its insights, the more in tune you will be with your intuition.
- Yoga Nidra – also known as yogic sleep. A very healing, rejuvenative style of guided meditation that helps activate intuition. I suggest using the following intentions: I activate and illuminate my intuition. I listen to the messages within. I trust my intuition to be my guide.
- Deck of Cards and guess color, suit, etc.. – using a deck of cards, begin by trying to guess if it is black or red. Work on this for a while. Trust is key here. It should be fast. If you find yourself analyzing what color it is, you are in your analytical mind and out of intuitive mind. Close your eyes, take a few deep breaths, and begin again. Once you feel established and comfortable with this, then move onto suit of card, then maybe which card it is. A very progressive practice and one that I often refer to for challenge.
Like everything in life, the more you practice, the stronger your intuition will be. Remember that you tend to have a primary sense that is heightened. This sense will be the most apparent as you continue to develop your gifts. That may be clear sight, clear sound, clear knowing, clear taste, clear feeling, clear smell.
You may find a couple or a few of them are heightened already. Keep working with them and please remember, no one sense is better than another! As you learn to open and work with your heightened sense, the others strengthen too!
Enjoy this journey, friends. It is a beautiful one.